The UNDP Graduate Program stands as a beacon of hope for young professionals seeking to make a tangible impact on the world. As an initiative by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), this program offers a unique opportunity for recent graduates to embark on a transformative journey, contributing their skills and fresh perspectives to address the world's most pressing challenges.
Rooted in the principles of sustainable development and social progress, the UNDP Graduate Program provides a supportive platform for emerging talents to collaborate with seasoned experts, fostering a dynamic learning environment that nurtures their potential to effect positive change on a global scale.
At the heart of the UNDP Graduate Program lies the commitment to shaping future leaders with a deep understanding of the multifaceted issues that shape our world. Aspiring candidates are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive community, where they are encouraged to challenge conventional wisdom, think critically, and devise innovative solutions to complex problems.
From climate change and poverty eradication to gender equality and human rights, participants in the program are immersed in a wide array of development projects, gaining hands-on experience that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
The UNDP Graduate Program is designed as a comprehensive and rigorous development experience. Participants undergo rigorous training and mentorship, equipping them with the necessary skills to engage in evidence-based policymaking, project management, and strategic planning. By nurturing a culture of curiosity and continuous learning, the program empowers graduates to become change agents who can address the root causes of global challenges, rather than merely treating their symptoms.
Furthermore, the program fosters a spirit of collaboration, encouraging participants to work with communities and local partners, ensuring that interventions are contextually relevant and sustainable.
Beyond the practical exposure and skills enhancement, the UNDP Graduate Program also serves as a springboard for participants' future careers. Graduates of the program often find themselves equipped with a robust network of professionals, mentors, and peers, spanning various fields and geographic regions. This interconnected network opens up a world of possibilities for participants, whether they choose to continue their journey with UNDP, pursue advanced studies, or explore opportunities with other international organizations and development agencies.
Ultimately, the UNDP Graduate Program empowers young professionals to be catalysts for positive change, promoting a world of equality, dignity, and sustainable development for all.
Expected Program Locations:
Selected applicants will have to work under UNDP in one or more locations around the world including:
- Bangladesh (Dhaka)
- Maldives (Male)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- Laos (Vientiane)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- United States (New York)
- Mongolia (Ulaan Baator)
- Papua New Guinea (Port Moresby)
- Samoa (Apia)
- Turkey (Istanbul)
- Timor-Leste (Dili)
Don't forget to Join Us on Social Media Networks
What do they offer?
They offer different assignments to the selected applicants to check their ability and skills. The duration of the assignment is 2 years. The assignment would be constructed on two different streams:
- Program and Policy: You will participate in UNDP's program and project activities
- Corporate Operations: You will participate in UNDP's management services
UNDP's will enhance your knowledge also it will extend your capabilities with real-world experience
Benefits of UNDP Graduate Program 2021:
UN through its development Program for worldwide graduates is giving many benefits including:
- One year entry-level contract as an international professional
- Handsome Salary
- Air ticket for traveling between your location and the duty station.
- Paid leave annually
- Paid sick leave.
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
Applicants should belong to one of the countries where UNDP works. The eligible countries list is already given below:
Algeria, Angola, Bhutan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Botswana, Chad, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cook Islands, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo (Rep. of), Eswatini, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Fiji, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Kazakhstan, Iran, Iraq, Kiribati, Lesotho, Lao (PDR), Liberia, Libya, Marshall Islands, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Micronesia, Namibia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Republic of Palau, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Sao Tome & Principe, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Solomon Islands, Syria, South Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Tokelau, Vanuatu, Tonga, Tuvalu, Yemen, Viet Nam.
- Applicants should have a Masters degree with not more than 1 year of experience in the relevant field
- Alternatively, if the applicant has a bachelors degree then he/she should also have 2 to 3 years of work experience get after the degree
- Applicants should also have a dream to work under UNDP in international development
- Applicants should also have the mission to eradicate poverty and to participate in sustainable development
- Applicants can live in another country other than their home country for almost 2 years
- Applicants should have experience in the following fields:
- Sustainable Development
- Youth Empowerment
- data Analysis
- Project Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Innovation and creative design
- Women or other individuals from minority groups, a person with disabilities, and indigenous peoples, also those graduates who are the first generation in their family to attend university are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have degrees from one of the countries where UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To be eligible for the program and policy stream, applicants should be graduated in one of the following fields of study:
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Development Studies
- Data Management
- Public Administration
- Environmental Science
- To be eligible for the corporate operations stream, applicants should be graduated in one of the following fields of study
- Business or Public Administration
- Procurement or supply chain management
- Data management
- Applicants should also match with the UNDP's values such as
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation
- Applicants who work to make an impact at the national, provincial, or community level would be given preference
- Applicants should able to work efficiently in English
After applying to the UNDP graduate program, the selection committee will then review your application. If they find your application best they will invite you for an online test to access your competencies. If you are successful in the assessment after that applicants will be invited for the final assessment phase.
They will assess you on the following competencies:
- Analytical skills and Judgement
- Communicating with clarity and impact
- Enabling diversity and inclusion
- Achieving results
- Systems thinking and creating solutions
- Learning agility
- Digital awareness and literacy
- Teamwork, Collaboration, Building and sustaining relationships
- Thinking Innovatively
- Acting with determination
The last date to apply for UNDP Graduate Program is 4 July 2021.
How to apply for UNDP Graduate Program 2021:
The applying process is very easy. all you have to do is to apply online at their official online portal. The link to apply is also given below but kindly apply before the deadline.
,australia student visa requirements, australia student visa, professional cv format, how to write a cv, Bachelors scholarship, graduate scholarships, bachelors scholarships for international students, international scholarships