Do you want to complete your higher education in South Korea? Then get ready because one of the top universities in South Korea has opened its door for international students by providing them fully funded scholarships so that they can pursue their masters and doctoral degree program.
GIST Scholarships 2021 in South Korea - Fully Funded
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research university focused on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute was established by the Korean government in 1993 to meet the country's demand for modern research and to promote the development of higher education in science and engineering.
GIST plays an important role in research and development in collaboration with industry sectors. GIST is the first university in the country to adopt an innovative system that offers a comprehensive, basic science curriculum to serve as a research platform in the fields of science and engineering.
GIST is offering many scholarships bundle for the international students so that they can study at GIST with full concentration. Scholarships packages include tuition fee exemption, Fully Funded package, Health Insurance, and Flight reimbursement etc. Masters, Doctoral and MS leading to Ph.D degrees are available under this program. Degrees can be completed in 2 years or 4 years.
GIST Scholarships 2021, South Korea Detail:
Country: South Korea
Host University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
Degree Level: Masters and Ph.D
Eligibility: International Students
- Master of Science Program (M.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
Duration of Programs:
- Master of Science Program (M.S.): 2 Years
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.): 4 Years
Schools Operating under GIST:
There are many schools that are working under GIST. These schools are providing many degree programs. The list of the associated schools with GIST is given below:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Don't forget to Join Us on Social Media Networks
Different Scholarship Available at GIST:
GIST is offering different scholarship options for incoming international students. Scholarships would be awarded purely on Merit based. All the available scholarship options are given below:
This package is available for all the students. A tuition fee Assistance would be provided that is 3,415,000 won per semester. But remember that one time matriculation fee of 680,000 won would be charged from all the newly admitted students. However, some students may be exempted from this fee.
Fully Funded Scholarship:
This scholarship package is available for all international students. It includes many benefits that will cover most of the student's expenses. The list of expenses is given below:
- For Masters Students, an allowance of 140,000 won per month and for Ph.D. students, an amount of 295,000 won per month would be given.
- A meal allowance of 100,000 won per month would also be provided
- Remember that students should have completed minimum 9 credits in the previous semester to get above two benefits.
- Besides this an international student allowance i.e 120,000 won per month would also be provided to the international students. You should maintain your GPA at 3.0 or higher out of 4.5
Research Assistantship would be given to all the students who are participating in research projects. For this purpose
- For Masters students: an amount of 4,820,000 won per year would be given
- For Ph.D students: an amount of 11,480,000 won per year would be provided
Health Insurance facility would be available for all the international students. In this regard, the following benefits are expected:
- Korean National Health Insurance fee would be exempted up to 60%
- There may exist other options
- Annual medical checkup
This benefit is available for all incoming international students. For this purpose, an reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea would be provided. It is for the first time only.
- Applicants from any part of the world are eligible to apply
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree to apply for Master program
- Applicants must have a masters degree to apply for Doctoral program
- Applicants academic performance must be good
- Applicants should be willing to come to South Korea
- Applicants should be able to travel
Required Documents for Applying:
- Online application
- Official degree certificates
- Transcripts (Notarized Copies)
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official English proficiency
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
The last date to apply for the GIST Korea Scholarship 2021 is 15th October 2020.
How to Apply for the GIST Korea Scholarship:
There are some steps to apply for GIST Korea Scholarship. Step by Step applying procedure is given below.
Go to the online application portal of GIST HERE. You should apply online at this online portal. Select your desire field of study and fill all the required fields in the application form and then submit the form.
In this step, You should send all the documents in hard form to the GIST admission office by Post. The International Admissions Coordinator of GIST will immediately contact you when they will receive your documents. The postal address is given below:
Section of Student Services,
2nd floor Administration Building,
GIST 123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Bukgu,
Gwangju, 61005 Republic of Korea
The results will be notified to the students on around November 30 for spring admission by email. Admitted applicants would have to respond to the notification within 15 days.
If you want to study at GIST than you have to accept admission offer from GIST. For this purpose, complete the enrollment requires to send them further documents and pay the matriculation fee once then contact you. Upon enrollment, you will receive the admission packet: Certificate of Financial Sponsorship, Letter of Invitation, and a Certificate of Admission.
After completing all the above steps, you should apply for a student visa. You should obtain a student visa application for available at Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your home country. Attach the certificate of admission with the application form while applying for student visa. After getting visa, contact to the Section of International Cooperation(SIC) and the staff at your school or department.
,Fully funded scholarship 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, study in korea 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, scholarships for college students 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, scholarships for high school students 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, scholarships for african students 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, master and phd scholarships 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, undergraduate and graduate scholarships 2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025-2026, opportunities corners, scholarships corners